Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt didn't get better, Lynch retired...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434099&mesg_id=13434280
13434280, It didn't get better, Lynch retired...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Jun-02-21 12:59 PM
..Marshawn clearly stated that he held no desire to participate in press conferences. While the rest of the world laughed and made memes about the entire fiasco surrounding his desire to avoid the press, Lynch maintains that he simply suffered through the abuse. Hence, the catch phrase:

I'm just here so I don't get fined © Marshawn Lynch

Name another profession where a person suffering from anxiety would be forced to appear in front of people who continue to berate them with insensitive comments/questions (some of which have absolutely nothing to do with their profession and were down-right disrespectful). How many times have we witnessed professional athletes being asked the exact same questions redundantly during the same press conference, only to continue stating, "next question?"

The sad thing about this is that there's responsibility held by all parties involved, yet no one seems to hold the press accountable for their abusive/derisive actions.

Ask yourself:

What are the rules/regulations of engagement regarding the media and who holds them accountable?

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...