Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm done, this shit is done.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433233&mesg_id=13474833
13474833, I'm done, this shit is done.
Posted by double negative, Tue Dec-13-22 10:48 PM
I'm not out, I'm just letting things chill on cold storage as always.

nothing but greed, scandals, burned resources, boom-busts, empty promises and some of the most horrible user experiences created here.

crypto will become something eventually, but right now...nah. I've been in it since 2015 and with each passing cycle of interest the bar just keeps getting lowered. it's fuckin' penny stocks.

1. crypto cannot solve the banana problem. the banana problem is, how do you pay for a banana at the bodega? whats easier, going to your wallet to pull out a single bill or dealing with overly complicated digital interactions? You can still buy a banana with a ripped dollar, but aint shit moving if your micro usb cable is not playing well with your ledger.

2. the US is powerful because the world runs on greenbacks. The dollar is TRUSTED, money and banking is all trust, without trust, none of it works. There is nothing about crypto (right now) that would lead to it being trusted.

3. shit gets mad iffy when you think about the fact that a currency is maintained by a group of civilians - what happens if a government decides to use a currency, does that mean that the gov assumes control? does that mean that all other crypto is considered illegal?