Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAlso, Saitama has better burn mechanisms and reflections
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433233&mesg_id=13446236
13446236, Also, Saitama has better burn mechanisms and reflections
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Oct-28-21 02:38 PM
Staking Shiba is A. costly, and B. doesn't really offer much of a return.

For every transaction, Saitama distributes 2% of that transaction (from the total supply) to a dead wallet, which removes it from circulation, and distributes another 2% to holders, though .55% of that goes to the dead wallet. That adds up, especially in the long term.

Put it this way: since Monday alone, I've received more Saitama as a result of those distributions, than the Shib I had converted in that second transaction to put it into Saitama.

In a month's time, I'll have received additional Saitama that will amount to nearly five times the amount of all the Shiba I had.

Which means that if/when Saitama hits where Shib is now, the amount of additional Saitama I receive over the course of the next 27 days will, all by itself, be worth roughly five times what my Shib would be worth right now.

So, as I grow that bag, and more buyers come in, those reflections will increase significantly. That's a serious advantage over Shib.

That said, It's still good to diversify, and had I been able to secure Shib far earlier than I did, I'd absolutely hold both, and I wouldn't be on OKP right now. I'll add to Shib after I reach my target Saitama amount.