Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm sick, but learning valuable lessons.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433233&mesg_id=13446154
13446154, I'm sick, but learning valuable lessons.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Oct-27-21 06:46 PM
I sold my Shib for Saitama.

Instead of dollar cost averaging over time, waiting for prime moments to strike, I did it in two transactions, both at a time with decent conversion return, at times when Shib was up and Saitama was down. Last night was one of those nights. Had I just waited until I woke up, I would have doubled my Saitama bag. Or, at a minimum, had I gone in with a dollar cost strategy, would have had lesser gains, though still greater than what I got.

All told, I could easily have a 15-30% bigger Saitama bag had I been a little more patient.

In both cases, I went with a very conservative shift, mostly due to FOMO for Saitama, because I got in so late on Shib. Even if Shib hits .01, what I had was roughly even with what I'll get with Saitama, if it reaches .00001.

The difference here, is that I'm betting that Saitama has a stronger chance, with a less difficult path, to reach something close to where Saitama is now, and that .00001 mark, quicker than Shib does at .01.

Shib getting to .01 looks like a very, very long way off, even now, due to the extremely high supply, and as-yet wanting burn mechanisms.

But an RH listing may well accelerate that, and I have a feeling that Shib and Saitama will both make bigger and faster gains, as we will likely see an increase in retail investors to crypto due to mainstream coverage of them.

But crazy things can happen, so who knows.

What I do know is, lesson learned. A little more patience, a little less jumping the gun at every crack of possible profit.