Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy son has summer school. Better than retention I guess.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433107&mesg_id=13433212
13433212, My son has summer school. Better than retention I guess.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed May-19-21 04:57 PM
Kindergarten from a damn chromebook, with two parents working full time, was a bitch. My daughter had some struggles, but she's straight because she already has a foundation.

That, and they have very different temperaments. And he requires a lot of hands on attention with his work. The number of time I've heard him crying, "I want to go to real school, I don't want to go to school on a computer" breaks my heart.

But for all t

Fortunately, he's just borderline, and picks things up quickly, but he struggles to pay attention. Struggles is charitable, lol. Often enough he just has no fucks to give and just doesn't want to do anything. I know this because he'll say, essentially, FUCK these instructions, I'm doing my own thing.

But also, there have been two many days where my wife and I both said fuck it, we give up, and just let him do his thing.

IMO this shit is like, 10% on his bullish temperament, 40% pandemic quarantine Chromebook schooling, and 50% my wife and I not putting a greater effort to overcome our patience limits with him with greater consistency. I'm a shit teacher and that hasn't helped.

But this isn't as bad as it could have been. For that, I'm grateful.