Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy 7 month old was sick that day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433107&mesg_id=13433157
13433157, My 7 month old was sick that day
Posted by MEAT, Wed May-19-21 11:28 AM
I was in a room with a high chair, a bottle, and a sleeping child. I looked like chaos, and for the context of the meeting it would've looked bad. And I told her that. That the optics of my situation weren't good for that particular meeting.

She said that with the VP on the call I should show face, and then she asked her favorite go to "if this wasn't a COVID situation what would you have done"

To which I replied, "but this is a COVID situation, and right now they send your kids home at every cough. They sent my son home because the kid in the next room had a stomach bug and my son had one runny diaper, that's the reality right now"

She's been big on downplaying COVID. Last year I got in trouble for saying that I was apprehensive about going into the warehouses because I'm asthmatic. Her response from April 2020. verbatim (because I document everything) "If you need to consider FMLA, talk to your Dr. about this. We are all going to have to start going back to work soon. The entire team has been going in as needed on a regular basis. If there was no pandemic right now, would you be staying home on account of asthma?"