Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's even worse than what I typed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433107&mesg_id=13433150
13433150, It's even worse than what I typed
Posted by MEAT, Wed May-19-21 10:57 AM
The last few weeks. She's been playing like the paperwork doesn't exist. Being friendly. Asking me to teach the department stuff. Trying to shift my work away from working on those specific metrics. Like business as usual shit.

We're out of town on a project right now. And she pulls me aside and goes "I talked to (my boss) and he says that he appreciates that you've stepped up recently, so keep doing what you're doing and let's get through this"

And I just fucking wanted to scream in her face.

Here's how all of this started. 6 months ago one of my sites was abusing a labor tag. They were authorizing work under a code that wasn't correct and it was making their numbers look funny. I messaged them, talked to them, gave them a small amount of hours, talked to my boss, CCed my boss, CCed my bosses boss, their boss ... they didn't stop. Because I have no authority. 2 months ago I do the same thing. This time my boss follows up on my email. And they stopped using the tag.

And I had told my boss 6 months prior that I needed her follow up, and she didn't. This time she did. And rather than recognize that. I got praise for correcting the problem. Praise. I didn't do anything different than I did six months ago, she did. Essentially what they (my boss and her boss) want to do is manage by reports and emails. We told you what's wrong, we fix it, or we'll escalate it to your bosses. And what the warehouses are telling us is ... we know how to run operations, when you send us this many reports, we're going to argue data, and there's no amount of email or reports that we'll listen to.

So we're at a huge impasse on doing work versus being effective.

So I'm out. Because these aren't wins, the change isn't sustainable, replicable, or could I even put it as an accomplishment. But the numbers moved, for now, and she's happy.