Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI can't stay, I can't trust her
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433107&mesg_id=13433142
13433142, I can't stay, I can't trust her
Posted by MEAT, Wed May-19-21 10:14 AM
That it escalated to this point without pre-emption is wild.
That the reasons she put on paper is insane for salaried job.
That the job role isn't what the job title/industry standard is, is maddening.

I'm a Industrial Engineer II for three grocery warehouses as a job title
My background is Industrial Engineering and I'm a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with 10 years.

Industrial Engineering as a profession in 2021 is Continuous Improvement. Kaizens, DMAIC projects, quick wins, improvements, sustainability, and PDCA (Plan Do Check Act)

We do none of that as an IE team, none, we do facility layouts and evaluated labor standards. IE work from the late 80s through late 90s.

It wasn't the job that was offered to me and if I had known that's what the work was, I wouldn't have accepted the job.

>The one about not being engaged on-camera...like, what the fuck does any of that mean?
It means that I don't look happy, don't sound happy, and sometimes I don't have my camera on depending on the length of the meeting and if I have one or more of my kids in the house.

But I can't stay. Can't put my money or health insurance at risk. Even worse, I took a management step down and paycut for job stability and I got into one of the safest industries and companies in the country ... and this person is putting all of that at risk.