Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm on the job market
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13433107&mesg_id=13433129
13433129, I'm on the job market
Posted by MEAT, Wed May-19-21 09:37 AM
A few weeks back my boss, who's been an absolute monster during this entire pandemic, lost her mind.

I don't know what crawled into her brain but she gave me "30 day opportunity" paperwork to correct behavior.

The behaviors included things like "you're not engaged on camera", "you weren't available this one time I called you", and "two days after you got back from parental leave in October you didn't respond quickly to an email" ... I wish I was exaggerating about the content of this letter. Ticky Tack stuff that you don't write salary people up for, you just talk with them about expectation. Even worse, we've had an annual and a mid year since 75% of the items in the letter happened. So if they weren't issues then ... what changed?

And here's where it got ugly. The corrective behavior to save my job isn't to address those things. She leaned on SMART goals. She gave me two operational metrics (I'm not in operations) ... that one of my worst performing warehouses needs to hit. I literally have no control over operations. None.

So ... in the last month I banged out what I needed to do to save my job. Which is completely out of the scope of the role and different from what anyone else on staff does. And I've gotten numbers up. But I'm fucking offended. I've only been written up for performance one time, I was 19, working retail, I refused to clean a toilet, and I got written up. That's it. I have 20 years work experience now, 10 years in my field, degreed, and credentialed.

And now my resume is cleaned up, and I have interviews lined up.