Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWell - these studies didn't say unvaccinated people go maskless..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13432629&mesg_id=13432954
13432954, Well - these studies didn't say unvaccinated people go maskless..
Posted by handle, Mon May-17-21 09:28 AM
In that context - and IGNORING ALL OTHER CONTEXTS - I think the guidance is good. (Now this country won't follow the context.)

My personal opinion: I will continue wearing a mask indoors around people I don't know that have been vaccinated. Meaning going to my mother's house is fine without a mask - but going to grocery store means mask still for me. No harm in it.

BUT I think these studies - AND the general lack of stories that say "My fully vaccinated mother/father/sister got COVID and was hospitalized or died from Covid" have been very rare/have not happened in more than a *very* small number of cases, over the past 5 months.

Also there's been no news of people in the ORIGINAL trials seeing a rise in Covid rates over time.

I think these vaccines did the nearly impossible - they are going to quickly stop this virus from spreading to other vaccinated people - and from vaccinated people into unvaccinated.

Does that stop the virus dead? Not until everyone is vaccinated AND over a period of time.

But this will be a policy mess for the states - no doubt. We have states who've already removed mask mandates and social distancing well before any evidence said they should do so.

We have people who simply do the opposite of what the evidence says because their brains are broken in some way - such as being hippies/'holistic people'/libertarians/republicans/etc.

So in the context of the guidance - that fully vaccinated people being ONLY with other fully vaccinated people can go maskless with a very small risk - its good.