Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI did and...we're in a really fucking scary place TBH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13432160&mesg_id=13432388
13432388, I did and...we're in a really fucking scary place TBH
Posted by double negative, Tue May-11-21 02:35 PM
it's scary because the movement has gone underground. we kicked them off facebook, twitter, youtube, reddit. I agreed with that move...I think, but then I don't think we had much of an option. They managed to hack and bypass systems and gain direct access to the minds of young (see: the pewdiepie pipeline) and old people (see: the radicalization of my father)

while we're all collectively wiping our brows and saying "that was close", we have no idea where the fuck any activity is happening. things have moved to encrypted channels so...

>with alt right people to see what the other side is saying..
>
>
>I used to watch Fox News just to see what they were saying
>about Obama to beat people to the punch regarding politics.
>That shit is exhausting and frustrating.
>

in the end, that actually didnt frustrate me or create some burnout.

I kind of lost my mind becuase I could not answer the question - "where do ideas come from?" meaning, in the lead up to the 2016 election and in the time of 45's era, I was able to observe what seemed like waves of ideas.

For example, in one area, like a youtube comment (of which, of course, I don't intentionally read youtube comments, but sometimes you have to), I would see something like (and this is just a very random example) "The color orange is fucking it up for everyone", cue me looking confused but keeping it moving. But then over days, weeks and months, I would more statements about the damned color orange until it became a large swell of resentment about the color orange.

>Now add that to where we are now where every episode,
>commercial, product, etc is followed up with a twitter
>movement about how its insulting to a race or a movement.
>
>Shit is reaching a point that’s laughable... and it sucks
>because you end up sounding like THEM when you speak on it.
>
>cant do this because it effects that group
>cant fo that because it effects that group
>and that apology was also insensitive to this group because
>that group used to be..
>
>well damn..
>
>

This part is...eh, it does and does not get to me. A lot of progressive voices were taken down several pegs NOT for saying the wrong thing outright, but for not saying the right thing, the right way. I saw this coming and it makes sense that the dirtbag left would be a pickup point for the casualties...but there is something about the dirtbag left and anti idpol folks that smells vaugely of shit.

all the answers are in history books and people want to scream at each other as if things just magically fucking appeared.