Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have racial/racism/race/inequality burnout.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13432160&mesg_id=13432160
13432160, I have racial/racism/race/inequality burnout.
Posted by double negative, Thu May-06-21 01:54 PM
I'm done.

I'm done with being shocked about these white people or what Tucker Carlson said...because I know these people will not change.

I'm done with hot takes on Twitter.

I'm done with excellent breakdowns of socical/historic inequality.

I'm done with "The Problem with America is...." books written by our beloved contemporary intellects.

I'm done with giving a shit about the shocking thing these black grifters have said today, or yesterday.

I'm done with trying hard to give a shit about racial sensitivity training at places of work.

I'm done with corporate acknowledgement of racism and a promise to "do better, we promise you guys"

I'm done with the endless headlines of "police fataly shoot black..."

I'm done with the endless headlines of "person harrases black people for existing"

I'm done with "the problem with you negroes"negroes

I'm done with thinking "how can anyone on earth really believe...." after reading the millionth ignorant anti-black statement

I'm done with the culture war.

I'm done with discussions of "black people, what WE NEED TO BE DOING RIGHT NOW IS...."

I'm done with the depressing statistics of medical treatment, mental health, suicide, poverty, incarceration, debt

I'm done with a history of kneecapped attempts of self-reliance and agency. Tulsa, Soul City, Willmington Insurrection, Freedman's savings bank, etc

I'm done with zero sum thinking - "we can't just go giving black people something, that would mean I WOULDNT have anything"

I'm done with these black people who experience racism but then say "America! not a racist place"

I'm done with the black story in cinema, television, books, art, having to coexist with or be defined by racism and white supremacy.

I'm done with the modern trick of racism where it's fucking EVER-EE-WHERE and it smells like pig shit but the second you walk into place and state "hey ya'll, why it smell like pig shit in here" everyone around will say "Well of course it does, if you're only looking for things that smell like pig shit, you're gonna smell pig shit. It doesn't smell like anything to me brother". JUST FUCKING SAY THAT SHIT.

I'm done with people having absolute meltdowns for being called racist. Grow the fuck up and learn how to do better. A child can learn to get it the fuck together when you call them selfish, why can't they?

I want most of America to have a fucking seat.

On one side, I'm just depressed at how hard people cling to this shit. And for what? I said to my wife a few weeks ago, that I get how amazing racism is if you benefit from it (however small and nearly invisible). It's like the perfect weapon that destroys everything including the person using it. The colonized and the colonizer suffer. MOTHERFUCKERS ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR WHITENESS. What does any of that get you?

On the other side....I don't want to hear a goddamn thing about how we can change the world until we're truly talking about seizing power in the name of true agency and true self reliance.

All moves to change things, to improve this world are to only introduce incremental change. We haven't asked for anything yet that has made people say "whoa whoa whoa....hold on now, we can't do that, but we can hire a few of ya'll to make it look like something is happening".