Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectjust bought a 2018 Mazda CX-5 for the wife
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13431866&mesg_id=13432284
13432284, just bought a 2018 Mazda CX-5 for the wife
Posted by will_5198, Sun May-09-21 11:14 AM
got the price I wanted and the color she wanted. certified pre-owned, which I prefer for the longer warranty.

inventory is definitely an issue. the dealer's side parking lot for used cards was completely empty, and every car they had was parked up front. the salesman was also desperate to take my wife's 2010 Honda Pilot (126k miles, short commute), but we weren't trading in because it is going to our high school daughter.

Carvana is crazy right now -- took one peak and no (they had 2016s going for more).

I bought my first car on my own two years ago and the biggest lesson I learned was to have my own financing ready before I walked in the door. didn't even ask the dealer to match the APR my bank gave me, and the finance guy knew tell he couldn't do any better. if you even give them a whiff a financing through them, the advantage is all on their side. when they know you have your loan secured they know you can walk out at any time.