Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am not a litigator but my understanding is it will take a lot more than
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13431847&mesg_id=13432090
13432090, I am not a litigator but my understanding is it will take a lot more than
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed May-05-21 03:21 PM
a discrepancy over answering the questionnaire (which I do not think actually happened here, I think his answers were honest) is not enough to overturn a jury verdict. If they had discovered this mid-trial they easily could have had him booted for an alternative juror, but once that verdict is rendered it takes hella lot to overturn. You basically have to prove there would have been a different outcome but for this juror. If this was a case where he was the lone juror holding out for a conviction when everyone else was against it, maybe.

That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I know we can't trust the system but it would be such a huge deal if they overturned on these grounds. Think about all the verdicts that could be overturn if all you have to do when you lose is go back and scrutinize jurors answers to a questionnaire?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"