Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmight have to get a new barber
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430825&mesg_id=13430825
13430825, might have to get a new barber
Posted by grey, Fri Apr-23-21 03:26 AM
during the pajama (covid misnomers will never not be funny to me) i could let my beard go through the ugly phase to connect where it normally wuuhhsn't quiiiiite ((c)ced) connecting without a lot of time. wanted to get the beard cleaned up and it was my first time back to the shop after a long quarantine break. i thought he’d be happy to see me since i had been paying him through the quarantine.

NOPE. nigga gave me a standard cut, and just shaved the beard down, no line up on the neck area. i been out the game for a min so as long as its neat im good. plus i’ll be on my way home ((c) chuck) in a few years anyway so im not super picky about it.

a few weeks later i hit him for another cut but for some reason the shop closes early now? after a whole palantir technologies and being closed for a year? not his shop, not his call, so im like aight i guess. i had some shit comin up though so i had to get a cut that day.

first shop i got to, two dudes cutting, nobody else in the shop, one almost done. cool. i give the universal wassup/gesture for next and i thought he confirmed it back but i must have been mistaken cuz when dude got up and i got up to take his seat, the barber was tellin me he had an appointment. nigga you didn’t see me sitting there watching you cut that mans hair for the last 10 minutes? so i wait for other dude to finish, and he tells me the same thing, lmao. NIGGA I SEEN YOU WAS RIGHT HERE WATCHING THIS WHOLE SHIT. it was getting dark so i skedaddle outta there and find somewhere else. no other shops open on the block except this hair salon right next door. two older aunties getting they hair done, and another auntie chilling, sweeping around her stall looking busy. i asked her if she cut (she got a barber license nigga, yes she cuts – i don’t think she thought anything of it but i thought about how dumb of a question it was later).

anyway when i tell you it was one of the best cuts ive had in a few years. took her time, beard crispy. you know when you look in the mirror after not having a cut in a min and you get that tingle, well i aint have it with my barber under the much more favorable circumstances of a long break, so we may got a prollem. later that week got two unprompted compliments by my boy and my sister.

i had a silly thought that maybe he was a lil mad at me. he got into it with his wife, she told him she was through, and he hit me multiple times asking for advice. i told him not to trip, all relationships had ups and downs etc. and if he tried to fix it, more than likely she wasnt going anywhere... *whispers* she went somewhere lol... mind you he been cutting me for like a decade, i was like NIGGA YOU MARRIED?! lol it aint funny but this nigga never really talked to me about personal shit like that. kept it sports, hoes and the trips hed take overseas for said hoes. he aint bring none of the breakup stuff up when he cut me so it was awkward. i prolly shoulda stayed out of it.

but yea it might be a wrap. i dont know how to tell him though, lol, so i might just suck it up for the next few years.