Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI hope I'm still the first response...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430612&mesg_id=13431069
13431069, I hope I'm still the first response...
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Apr-26-21 01:33 PM

I just read this post and fought back tears at your personal story.

Also, I think the nuance with which you dissect this situation is just so thoughtful. Having lurked in this post for a few days but not replied, it seems this is the first or at least the best post to appropriately consider the perspectives of every party involved. I'm inspired by your take here, really I am.

I thought about messaging you directly to say this, but I want to say it publicly because I've said some dumb and nasty shit to you through the years (as you have to me lol). And usually we're arguing over dumb shit, like, pro wrestling or that I called Kawhi Leonard "bitchmade" (I was way wrong and apologized after he won in Toronto).

But I say all that to say I'm really sorry for what our "online" relationship has come to. Your post made my day and I was swiftly reminded that you're a real person with real issues, just like myself and everyone else. I'm a dad too. I didn't even know you were a father as well. That's a fine enough reminder that I should be behaving in a more flattering way than calling strangers names on the internet.

This was brave of you. Thanks for writing all of this. I truly mean it.