Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThat's all anecdotal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430612&mesg_id=13430947
13430947, That's all anecdotal
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Apr-23-21 04:12 PM
2-3 educators in this post are attesting to that. I can name 3 incidents in my high school where 2 teachers were badly injured and never came back from trying to break up wild shit. There are probably hundreds of thousands of educators. Just because 2 or 3 OKPs are saying it's possible doesn't mean it's the rule.

No, we don't see footage all the time of regular ass police officers doing extraordinary shit like jumping in a crowd and disarming 10 people or whatever. You see it because of how extraordinary it is.

Police officers call in backup in a traffic stop if they have to take remove you from your vehicle. Yeah they put their lives on the line for public safety, but these niggas ain't superheroes. They still do certain shit and follow certain protocols to make sure they can come home to their families. At least they're supposed to.

Nobody in here is saying he had no choice but to kill that girl. I wish she didn't have to get shot either. But in a situation like that where it's a life on the line and you have 5 seconds to make a decision, no, you may not make the best choice. It's easy to make the best move in retrospect.

After looking at the video, I think he didn't understand the severity of the situation. That nigga rolled up while punches and kicks were being thrown and was treating it like it was a heated argument. I didn't hear any sirens or anything. By the time he realized it, the girl was about to be stabbed. That was his fuck up. But I ain't no expert on any of that shit. I just wish she didn't have to be shot over it.

>With the kind of budgets PDs have, they're supposed to be trained
>and competent enough to de-escalate a fight between some teenage
>girls without lethal force.

I got an issue with the way de-escalate has been used in this post. You don't de-escalate a fight in progress. You stop a fight in progress. You de-escalate a tense situation to prevent an all out brawl. If niggas are already fighting with weapons in their hands, it's already at the mountaintop. A bomb threat is a completely different situation than a person getting lunged at with a knife. You can de-escalate a threat. You can't de-escalate an explosion.

If this was a white neighborhood, chances are it would of wound up differently. Whether it's good or bad we'll never know.

Do police get the benefit of the doubt with me? Absolutely not.

Outside of that, yeah, I wish officers are able to handle situations without lives being lost. I wish police officers can be more qualified, instead of getting x months of training fresh off the street. Shit definitely needs to change

All that to say it ain't as black and white as some of y'all are making this out to be.