Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf it's such a ridiculous arg then why should Ma'Khia have been shot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430612&mesg_id=13430779
13430779, If it's such a ridiculous arg then why should Ma'Khia have been shot
Posted by kfine, Thu Apr-22-21 07:00 PM
on sight for wielding a knife, when like zero mass murderers are shot on sight for wielding assault weapons responsible for even more casualties (some of which they had just killed) than knives??

You're reiterating the point I was trying to make in the first place Buddy. If you believe knife > frying pan, then AR-15 is definitely also > knife. And if police don't even shoot mass murderers with AR-15s on sight when they show up to a scene, then this girl def didn't need to die bc she had a knife when they showed up to the scene.

But even besides that, I never brought up blunt force/frying pans to say there's an epidemic of frying pan deaths. I brought it up bc yall are insinuating Ma'Khia's death is justified bc of the *RISK* you claim she posed to the other girls bc she had a knife. But if you want to talk RISK then that calls for some data bc comparing risk is different than comparing incidence, as you've tried to do here. Those numbers are meaningless without denominators and some standardization tho.

For example, 500 blunt traumas could have resulted in those 443 deaths attributable to blunt trauma v. like 1,000,000 stabbings resulting in those 1,515 deaths attributable to stabbing. Epidemiologists would plug those numbers into a model and adjust for a few other things to come up with estimates of mortality rate and MORTALITY RISK that make sense to compare.

If you go back to what I wrote I clearly say mortality risk. But I'll give you credit in that I don't have time to go digging through whatever cdc database right now to legit compare mortality rates and risk, and its possible the studies cited in wiki are old, wrong, etc.

So whatever. We might not have the epi exactly right. But she def didn't need 4 shots to the chest. On that I'm certain yall can not change my mind.