Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think you are being disingenuous.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430612&mesg_id=13430661
13430661, I think you are being disingenuous.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Apr-22-21 09:14 AM
the premise is based on saving an INNOCENT LIFE.

If the idea is saving all lives then, yeah, I guess the cops should never kill anyone ever. But I don't think you honestly believe that (or if you do isn't much to discuss because we are far apart).

Let's simplify this. If this were a 35 grown man swinging knife at that child most people would not fault the police for using lethal force.

This is complicated by this being a child who is swinging the knife. However I am not sure that it is a minor attacking changes whether the attack was potentially lethal or not.

Look down in DC two teenage girls killed a uber driver. That's tragic all around because 3 lives are ruined. given a few more years those girls brains might be more developed where they would have better understood the gravity of the risk they were taking. However, I am not sure that changes my mind that those girls should spend a significant amount of time in prison.

>I don’t follow this logic

I think you are being disingenuous because you know the difference between taking the life of an attacker versus a victim losing their life.
>
>A child was killed
>
>No lives were saved.
>
>IMO, the chances of the girl in pink dying from a steak knife
>attack were slim to none
>
>If your premise is based on saving lives...that doesn’t make
>any sense at all
>
>A child died.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"