Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am thrown off by this question.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430388&mesg_id=13430597
13430597, I am thrown off by this question.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Apr-21-21 02:06 PM
Because when I read it it says, what should be the top priority of an organization that's sole purpose is to provide a return to its investors. That's the definition of a corporation. Of course a lot of successful corporation treats employees as their primary focus or even there employees but there are many corporations that treat neither employees or customers as primary but a corporation cannot exist without a return on investment.

That's why I hate the power that corporations have in this world today. If Georgia changes its voting laws it will be because corporations revolted. and it sucks we have to rely on corporations to cause the change that people should be able to cause. Primarily because the only reason corporations are doing it because they think its good business. They also think giving the Chinese government the tools to crack down on protest is good business so they do it.

Corporations doing the right thing ends with their bottom line so we should be careful what role we ask them to play in our society. Companies everywhere issued statements today based on the George Floyd verdict and that just seems weird to me. I don't want to know where Sprite stands on police brutality, because they might be saying the right thing today but what happens when saying the right thing is no longer good for business?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"