Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah, I'm kinda in that phase now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430363&mesg_id=13430465
13430465, Yeah, I'm kinda in that phase now
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Apr-20-21 09:05 AM
Two good friends of mine are in the thick of it right now. I was good friends with each of them separately, before they met. Now they've got some young kids, things were already on the rocks, and then they moved across the country.

The wife has been one of my best friends for over a decade, and her and I talk. Often. I hear her side of things and try to help her work through what she's going through -- give advice when I can, give my perspective.

Husband though, we haven't spoken reguarly for a long time now. No falling out or anything, he's just hasn't been very communicative for a while... not just with me. With the world in general. So I feel kinda bad about that I don't know how his perspective or how he's dealing with this... and I find myself on her side.

There's not conflict... she just wants out and I understand why and support her in that. He doesn't want out, and I don't know if he sees how being how he is has lead to all this. But sometimes I feel bad that I'm not there for him like I am for her.