Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAlmost every single couple who's wedding I attended is now divorced
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13430363&mesg_id=13430369
13430369, Almost every single couple who's wedding I attended is now divorced
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Apr-19-21 11:21 AM
Only exceptions are family members (my brother, two cousins... damn, that's it?)

Every single one of my friends who's gotten married is now divorced. Hell, even a bunch of the younger married couples who attended my wedding are divorced.

I don't know. I think the commonality in most of the marraiges/divorces is people got married too young/too early. Sometimes it was they didn't really know how to be adults yet, and coped with "marriage" problems like they were boyfriend/girlfriend problems. And sometimes they just drifted apart relatively quickly.

I will say that shortly before our marriage, my wife and I went to one of her bridesmaids weddinhg, and I could tell that the marriage was going to end in disaster. Dude was not ready to get married at all. And, in fact, it's been the ugliest divorce of all our friends.

It's happened twice where I've been friends with both the husband and wife and it's ended in divorce. In both cases, I've kind of left it unsaid that I'm remaining cool with both of them and not talking to either about what happened/circumstances of the divorce, etc. And that's worked for all involved both times.