Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis is kind of where I am
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13429254&mesg_id=13429286
13429286, This is kind of where I am
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Apr-07-21 11:49 AM
What are we comparing them on?

Rapping and lyrical ability or just commercial hits?

It’s like no one is ever having the same conversation.

I will go a bit further than you though.

As far as impact and influence and hits etc...I agree with you 100%. Drake has to be up there. Although, I don’t like giving credit if you influence a bunch of wack shit.

However, MCing is still MCing...period.

And Drake is nowhere near as good as LL in that category. I too am annoyed by the ET voice but I’m equally annoyed by the “spit 2 bars and then let the beat rock for a bar and then spit another 2. I just can’t rock with that lazy ass shit. That Lemon Pepper joint is like 6+ minutes and he starts at like 2 so I’m thinking he’s gonna go in. This dude spent 4 minutes spitting like a total of 12 bars son!

I can’t with that shit.

Another thing is that we only do this type of shit in hip-hop. I don’t recall any conversations around Britney Spears being a better singer than Whitney Houston.

It’s way past the time to split hip-hop up into various genres. Rock did it. Artists like Britney just fall under Pop. Why can’t we just do that shit to avoid the comparison?

Drake would fall into Pop.
Lol