Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUpdate - we're keeping our kids virtual for now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13428986&mesg_id=13429919
13429919, Update - we're keeping our kids virtual for now.
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Apr-12-21 05:33 PM
Again, we're in Michigan which has the worst current spike in cases/hospitalizations in the country. My youngest was supposed to return to school last Thursday. Half of the school went back in On Monday and Tuesday, with Wednesday fully virtual and Thursday/Friday being in school for my sons group. Over half of the kids at the school are staying fully virtual, so less than a fourth of the kids are actually in a classroom at a given time. For my son's group that comes out to 4 kids in his class on his days.

On Wednesday they announced that there were three new cases reported at the school that week. Just from 2 days, with less a fourth of the school there. The timing is terrible with the return to school right after Spring break/Easter - and I know that the parents deciding to send their kids back are also more likely to be the parents who were traveling during the break, and/or are much more open-minded with their "bubble".

By son was disappointed about not going back, but we just couldn't do it. My oldest (middle school) isn't set to go back until the end of the month, but at this point I can't see that happening.