Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIn all honesty, my kid's been in face to face since school started in September
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13428986&mesg_id=13429669
13429669, In all honesty, my kid's been in face to face since school started in September
Posted by DickGrayson, Fri Apr-09-21 05:55 PM
I live in the suburbs of Raleigh, but across the county line. The county I live in is pretty much Trump country, so they decided to send the kids back in phases. My son is in pre K, and they meet in person everyday but Wednesdays.

Due to the huge outbreaks after Thanksgiving nationally, they decided to go remote from Thanksgiving to the middle of January.

However, overall the school's been pretty good about the covid cases. There's only been around 10 cases the whole school year, and none in my kid's class. They all have to wear masks and so temp checks upon entry. Only one class is allowed in the hallways at a time. Lunches are in the classroom. We've been comfortable with the arrangement this year. Aside from the first 2 days of school when they said masks weren't required. We declined to take him to school the first week. Then the school board changed the mask requirements. Teachers must've been threatening a walk out.