Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti cried like mcmillian when i first saw the video
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13428813&mesg_id=13428925
13428925, i cried like mcmillian when i first saw the video
Posted by grey, Wed Mar-31-21 06:56 PM
and i mean like a baby ha.

babygirl was back in the hospital for a minute so a lot of that was pent up, but i was home and she was healthy when i watched it for the second time during opening statements - same emotions.

on second viewing i thought it was interesting how the difference in mcmillians and mma dudes ages framed their thought processes/reactions. mma dude was justifiably aggressive/angry with the officers, while mcmillian was trying to reason with floyd to 'act right,' almost playin () devil's advocate, tacitly pleading with the officer to let up through his conversation with floyd. i pictured him reasoning that maybe being in agreement w/ chauvin would engender some good will, possibly save that mans life.

my pops is only a few years older than mcmillian but was part of one of the first elementary school classes to integrate in little rock. he never talks about it, but i remember him telling me about the anxiety from that shit that lives with him today. pops got a short fuse and dont suffer nobody of any race, but it reasons that social realities of the time would have tempered some of that aggression then (ironically informing it now), kinda how mcmillian was trying his damndest with the floyd situation.

i was gonna put this in the other post but it reads like jokes. comparing trials though i was thinking emmett till - trivial nature of the offense contrasted with the brutality of the punishment on full display, contrasted with the insane thought shared by wayy too many of a guilty victim and a reasoned assault.

*removes dr. umar hat* all bullshit aside i hope yall good. been a wild year.