Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13428813
13428813, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Tue Mar-30-21 11:24 PM
Nm
13428832, Jyeah
Posted by Binlahab, Wed Mar-31-21 08:38 AM
They say the good die young.

They are right.

& That's how I know imma live forever

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
13428936, ii.
Posted by Binlahab, Thu Apr-01-21 05:12 AM
I keep the same energy.

Always.

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
13429184, c.
Posted by Binlahab, Mon Apr-05-21 06:01 PM
multiple income streams.

my job
my side hustle
crypto
vending machine(s)
stock/options investing

it took me almost 45 yrs to get it...but now...i got it.

next to somehow monetize all this free content i been creating for two decades

13428834, I miss being around Black people more than anything else this year.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Mar-31-21 08:43 AM
Like, I was able to spend time with my people over the year, through text, facetime, zoom, outdoor with masks a few times ... but my PEOPLE, I haven't been around us in a year and some change now.

And it's just not fun. I was thinking about how much being on twitter is my path to getting that feeling, but there's just daily trauma aired out there. Like damn what I wouldn't give for a bbq right now.
13428838, I made a friend at the park yesterday
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Mar-31-21 08:51 AM
lmao.

This is what my kids usually say every time they play with kids at the park.

Well, lately a lot of Black fathers have been at the park with their kids. We obviously gravitate to each other and it feels good. Usually I can’t stand talking to parents at the park because they tend to be mostly white women.

Park is right behind my house and yesterday there was a nice amount of kids and adults outside. Not sure why but seeing my kids playing with worms while dudes were playing basketball and music was pumping warmed my heart.

13428844, I have a much greater appreciation for small talk after all of this
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Mar-31-21 09:14 AM
13428847, bruh... I thought it was the kids that needed social interaction
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Mar-31-21 09:27 AM
but all the parents are also craving it as well.

A lot of us working from home while watching kids all day.
13428872, Might as well go ahead and break out the crown royal and bbq
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-31-21 11:07 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13428925, i cried like mcmillian when i first saw the video
Posted by grey, Wed Mar-31-21 06:56 PM
and i mean like a baby ha.

babygirl was back in the hospital for a minute so a lot of that was pent up, but i was home and she was healthy when i watched it for the second time during opening statements - same emotions.

on second viewing i thought it was interesting how the difference in mcmillians and mma dudes ages framed their thought processes/reactions. mma dude was justifiably aggressive/angry with the officers, while mcmillian was trying to reason with floyd to 'act right,' almost playin () devil's advocate, tacitly pleading with the officer to let up through his conversation with floyd. i pictured him reasoning that maybe being in agreement w/ chauvin would engender some good will, possibly save that mans life.

my pops is only a few years older than mcmillian but was part of one of the first elementary school classes to integrate in little rock. he never talks about it, but i remember him telling me about the anxiety from that shit that lives with him today. pops got a short fuse and dont suffer nobody of any race, but it reasons that social realities of the time would have tempered some of that aggression then (ironically informing it now), kinda how mcmillian was trying his damndest with the floyd situation.

i was gonna put this in the other post but it reads like jokes. comparing trials though i was thinking emmett till - trivial nature of the offense contrasted with the brutality of the punishment on full display, contrasted with the insane thought shared by wayy too many of a guilty victim and a reasoned assault.

*removes dr. umar hat* all bullshit aside i hope yall good. been a wild year.

13428961, people who always have work to do annoy the fuck out of me
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Apr-01-21 11:20 AM
nothing wrong with working but people who spend every moment talking about work or how exhausted they are because of work are just.. ionno. Annoying.

Like talking about work is going to get you kudos from the work gods.

No one wants to hear about your job.
13428970, Above heroin and meth, but below cocaine.
Posted by flipnile, Thu Apr-01-21 11:36 AM
Where I place it.

Never done/got any of the four, but that would be the order.

That is all.
13428985, another mass shooting in less than 2 wweks.
Posted by lsymone, Thu Apr-01-21 01:00 PM
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1377678878051692544