Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere's just no time anymore
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13428780&mesg_id=13428780
13428780, There's just no time anymore
Posted by MEAT, Tue Mar-30-21 04:48 PM
So much of the last ten or more years has been about making business more efficient. But all that's done is shifted the work onto us.

Yesterday I had to set up the login for the HOA. I had to access the main webpage, enter my zip and address, which took me to another site where I had to select my community (which should've been automatic from the address/zip), which took me to a third site where I had to register all of my information, which prompted me with a 10 minute expiring code, that I had to call a phone number to give. The first time I called I was on hold for 17 minutes, I selected the call back option and it hung up on me. I called back later in the day after logging in, with a code, and the woman on the other end handled it in less than 5 minutes. However, there's nothing she validated about what I was telling her.

And like EVERYTHING is like that. All of the prefiltering on the business end, just puts you into a different queue. Meanwhile you have to navigate a series of seemingly endless prompts that used to be someones job. Is now on you. The amount of data entry we do to go a doctor, or dentist or whatever ... is just goofy. That used to be a whole ass job, and now it's not, and they force you to do the work for free.