Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFinished. Didn't expect them to confront race so head-on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13427923&mesg_id=13432129
13432129, Finished. Didn't expect them to confront race so head-on
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu May-06-21 10:32 AM
I wasn't mad at that at all. I feel like all the input they got during the Black Panther movie creation has shown them an untapped avenue in (white) comic movies. An entire movie addressing the Isaiah Bradley situation would be great. I won't hold out for that, but I never even thought they would introduce the idea of the Black men they experimented on before creating Captain America. Now THAT'S reality-based, because it's exactly how that would go down if it was real. It's weak that simple recognition made Isaiah that happy after they showed how angry and hurt he was over what all was taken from him, but this is white folks at the helm, ultimately, so them addressing our issues has to fall short. Just surprised they did anything in that direction at all.

But anyway, this was a very well-done show that I'm tending to recommend to people who aren't DEEP into superhero kinds of shows but dig action, since it's not "laser in the hands" kind of supernatural stuff going on and is more based in reality. Really gotta give it to Marvel for the way they're weaving it all together and using the shows as bridges between movies in an ever-evolving story.

One small thing I liked here was that Falcon learned to use the shield off by himself instead of them depicting him as a clumsy failure in the heat of battle (as opposed to how DC did with Black Kid Flash). By the time he does live, he's killing it.

I couldn't help laughing at how sad John Walker was after the Dora Milaj kicked his ass. "They weren't even super soldier" lmao.