Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo one is this post said it WAS cool for men to do it...that's not even the topic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13427264&mesg_id=13427775
13427775, No one is this post said it WAS cool for men to do it...that's not even the topic
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Mar-18-21 10:56 AM
the topic. the topic is the prominence of explicit material on mainstream platforms.

We're not arguing whether or not is cool.
There's also NEVER been an argument that men rapping about that stuff is empowering to men....it's always been stated and accepted that's it's explicit subject matter meant for adults.

I think it's valid to examine yes...but at the same time...that very thing is exactly what's ALWAYS pushed the genre of Hip Hop so far down on the mainstream scale of "importance"....so it's never been a matter of males being praised for explicit subject matter, it's always been the complete opposite in fact....

Anytime ANY explicit song makes it into the mainstream it's an issue.

And personally I think it's a MAJOR issue that the sexually explicit songs from female rappers seem to be the only tracks that are pushed and promoted to the mainstream vs. their non-sexual (aka BARS LADDEN) tracks... why is that??? And this is exactly what this post is about.

Meg got bars for DAYS
Nicki got bars for DAYS
Cardi got...bars....

of all them bars...don't you find it suspect that the sexually explicit bars are the only ones that percolate to the top and make it mainstream????

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"