Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcurious about the starrah album
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13426184&mesg_id=13427942
13427942, curious about the starrah album
Posted by bearfield, Fri Mar-19-21 02:45 PM
i think she's mostly known as a behind-the-scenes songwriter. she had a great run in the mid-to-late 2010s. her face is obscured in every pic i've seen and she seemed pretty low-key so her branching out as a solo artist is kind of fascinating. i wonder if she'll end up in the bibi bourelly/quentin miller lane where she clearly has the chops but not quite enough charisma to carry an album or ep

skimmed through benny's album. it's chock full of uninteresting and derivative harry fraud beats so it's probably going to be a chore to listen to. sometimes benny's raps can do the heavy lifting though

i self devine releasing an album in 2021 is wild to me. i wonder if he's still messing with dj kool herc

folks might be surprised at the guapdad x !llmind album but if you do even a modicum of research on guapdad you'll see he is a student of rap history and has a gang of "corona raps" videos where he raps over classic 90s and 2000s beats. he knows his stuff. he's a good writer and this album seems to have a theme. hopefully he can pull off something worthwhile that will expand people's perception of him