Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: My heart wants me to say it was good but my brain.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425823&mesg_id=13426156
13426156, RE: My heart wants me to say it was good but my brain.....
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Mar-05-21 09:34 AM
>Just wants to re-watch the original again. It wasn't
>embarrassingly bad but it wasn't really memorable either. It
>was nice revisiting the characters again though.

The first half felt a little slow but I really enjoyed the 2nd half after everything was set up and they could just line up the jokes / get the shit in that they wanted/needed to get in.

To me, the thing people most love about the first movie is the parade of top end one-liners. They seemed to be aware of it so they tried to get a bunch of folks who could do one-liners plus making sure to get the call-backs in as needed. And Eddie was good without trying to take the whole movie over. Arsenio too.

Aka I got what I wanted which was a movie based on the old characters, some decent enough to not fuck it up new characters, and Randy Watson doing basically anything.

Now, give me a Randy Watson Doc or short film and I’m good forever. I’m glad that folks even put the time and money into revisiting these types of movies once they look around, realize that damn near everyone is still alive, and they can come up with a decent enough script. We’re some lucky sobs.