Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis situation got waayyyy out of control. (long long)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425787&mesg_id=13427359
13427359, This situation got waayyyy out of control. (long long)
Posted by MEAT, Mon Mar-15-21 02:03 PM
Monday March 8th, my wife gets home with the kids. Same routine every day, I go get the carseat baby, she brings the other kid in. During this time the neighbor across the streets comes over and asks if I've seen his cat. I tell him I'll meet him at his house real quick. I put the kids in the house. Told him what happened and then drove him to the spot where I had dropped the cat off and we looked around for this cat for HOURS. No luck.

As we talked he told me that his cats favorite bush was mine and another neighbor. That it was a house cat, that got out on occasions to him, and it always came back in the house later when he rattled the food can. But from the MANY cat turds in bushes, this cat had made a full home at my house. That pulls the many times it had run into the garage, the many nights it was under my car at night, or in the morning ... this was not a housed cat. Plus at no point during the last 5 months has anyone claimed ownership or told me about ownership of the cats there are 4-5 ones loose in the neighborhood. But that was besides the point, I was there to help that man look. And I helped him for days. I put up a Facebook post, another online search, went out a few days with the trap to find it, and just nothing. Until Thursday. of last week. When his apparent roommate/lawyer came over to interrogate me.

At first he started asking questions like he was needing information to look for the cat. But at some point he goes "so you said that you're allergic to cats, well how did you transport it" ... to which I answered, "I put a tarp over it not to scare it, put it in the back of the suv, opened all the windows, turned my air off, wore a mask, and still ended up with asthma attacks" ... So I asked him, are you coming over here to help or are you coming over to investigate me. To which he said "well if we find the cat, then it's not a problem, but if it is we want to keep our legal options open". So I told him he's not welcome over here. That I was helping, but if he's saying this is now a legal situation he can call my lawyer. Then I made him look at all of the evidence to me that this was a stray cat, the turds, the holes, the digging. Then I showed him all of orange peels, and chemicals, and coffee grounds that I been putting out for months. I said at no point has anyone ever talked to me about this cat and had I known I'd have just come across the street and knocked on the door. And that's where it stood. Thursday.

At least I thought. Friday my wife starts sending me facebook screenshots. People online are making threats against our family and she's worried. According to my neighbor I had lied to him based on talking with my next door neighbor. That all of the things I told him was an elaborate cover story. That the only reason he knew about his cat missing was because my neighbor told him that he saw me with cages even though I don't have animals. And that he (next door) and his wife had told me whose cats those are. That I'm crazy, he's now scared for his dog and that I'm crazy about music. So armed with the idea that I'm a pet kidnapper and a crazy neighbor. Dude added some more to his story. Said that he heard his cat crying from my garage and that's how he knew I had it.

So Friday I see dude and his family talking to missing cat neighbor across the street. And you can see from body language that they're just hyping each other up. Meanwhile dude has texted me "hey bud any luck" and I'm like ... nah I'm not getting involved with any of yall and kept my peace. But my wife was worried. Fast forward to Saturday night, I put my kid to bed and see next door neighbor talking to across the street neighbor. So I go outside. And ask him

"Aye, you told that man we had talked about his cat, when did we have that conversation"
And when I tell you this white man lost it from being confronted ... sheesh.
So he starts running his mouth and I'm like "yeah fuck all that, just tell that man when we talked about that cat, because he thinks I'm lying to him" And he just would not answer the question. And so now that he's caught in a lie he's getting mad mad. And he's standing on my yard.
"You left a cat to die", "You stole this mans cat", "why do you have a cage" and he's getting loud loud.
But then he put some bass in his voice and he tells "go get that cage right now" in a tone that I expected the next word to be "boy"
But when I tell you dude is all hat and no cattle, believe me. Because he got "fuck you run up then", "you talking that shit, run that shit", and a whole bunch of muthafuckas all the way back to his garage.
At which point my wife comes out, and she starts crying that he's a liar, that we didn't know, and I send her back in the house.

So now I'm sitting in front of my house watching out, because I just embarrassed a white man in public and I'm pretty sure he had been drinking too. So I'm just watching out for him. Called my dad, told him to come through. And while I'm waiting dude leaves his house and goes across the street to the other guys house. To which they both come back apologetic. Dude said he had never told him that I'd been helping him this whole time and that he thought less of me. I told it's still beef. That you can't be lying about folks to that degree.
Him: I mean, I try to be friendly to everyone and I hope that one day
Me: we'll see, but it won't be today or tomorrow

Fucking drama. Dumb ass drama.