Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHer story is intriguing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425786&mesg_id=13426274
13426274, Her story is intriguing
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Mar-05-21 04:11 PM
But I'm just not into fighting or combat sports as I guess they're called now. I don't like watching violence, although I do watch football. But I rationalize that I suppose.

But women are doing well with the few opportunities they are given. I just read the other day that the Washington Football Team promoted a Black female coach to the role of Assistant Running Back coaches. She is the first paid female coach in the NFL, if I read the story correctly. You may be able to find that story on espn.com.

And then you have the WNBA players doing big things on and off the court. The flex of the Atlanta Dream players on the former Senator of Georgia was a boss move if there ever was one. I know some of the Dream are white but for the team to basically use their leverage to get rid of an owner showing toxic levels of racism is as big of a power move as I can think of in sports. Even when the Clippers were taken away from Donald Sterling, that event was driven more by public reaction and exhaustion of patience by the owners than the players' anger at their owner.