Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwe need to make sure whatever they setup on Mars ain't US ver2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425660&mesg_id=13425709
13425709, we need to make sure whatever they setup on Mars ain't US ver2
Posted by nonaime, Wed Mar-03-21 05:29 AM
All we can do here is make sure that it doesn't get worse (meanwhile, the VRA is under attack again in the courts). Starting fresh *is* the only way to go. We fucked up when we didn't use our collective buying power to create a home in one of the African countries...but it feels like the ship may have sailed (read:China).

It sounds far fetched, but first comes the explorers, then the colonizers. With Mars, we're at step one. Sure there are some environmental problems to overcome, but to think those problems will take more than one or two generations to figure out seems unreasonable to me.

So for me, the question is how much money can I set aside in a trust fund so that when phase two pops off, the my clan ain't stuck here, even if we can only send one.

My other question would be what are we doing collectively to ensure that we are part of these discussions about how any colonies are set up. This is something we should be figuring out now.