Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425660&mesg_id=13425660
13425660, What policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 03:55 PM
I'm talking about Black people and racism in the united states of america ya'll.

When I say "equality" I mean, true agency.

In this case, being able to build wealth or independence without there being some devaluation, zero-sum thinking, zero-sum motives, or scheme to defraud people. Essentially, being left the fuck alone to pull the levers ourselves without there being a concern that we will take too much or become a competitive threat.

When Black people tried building wealth using traditional tools like banking and real estate, the cake was kicked over before it had a chance to rise. Every venue for generational wealth-building has been booby-trapped it seems.

I think I've reached a conclusion where the only way forward is to flip the damn etch-a-sketch over and start fresh.

Im kind of at a loss for changes that will allow for growth to take traction undisturbed by the forces and will of white supremacy.

One way forward is the growth of black wealth and power in darkness and silence only to be revealed at maturity. A financial underground railroad?

Another way forward is changing the meaning of whiteness to exclude definition by perceived superiority to Black and blackness.

Otherwise...I have absolutely no fucking idea what is next besides incremental changes in our social landscape.

Did this make sense? I'm not sure I was specific enough