Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425660
13425660, What policy/action/change would actually lead to equality in the US?
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 03:55 PM
I'm talking about Black people and racism in the united states of america ya'll.

When I say "equality" I mean, true agency.

In this case, being able to build wealth or independence without there being some devaluation, zero-sum thinking, zero-sum motives, or scheme to defraud people. Essentially, being left the fuck alone to pull the levers ourselves without there being a concern that we will take too much or become a competitive threat.

When Black people tried building wealth using traditional tools like banking and real estate, the cake was kicked over before it had a chance to rise. Every venue for generational wealth-building has been booby-trapped it seems.

I think I've reached a conclusion where the only way forward is to flip the damn etch-a-sketch over and start fresh.

Im kind of at a loss for changes that will allow for growth to take traction undisturbed by the forces and will of white supremacy.

One way forward is the growth of black wealth and power in darkness and silence only to be revealed at maturity. A financial underground railroad?

Another way forward is changing the meaning of whiteness to exclude definition by perceived superiority to Black and blackness.

Otherwise...I have absolutely no fucking idea what is next besides incremental changes in our social landscape.

Did this make sense? I'm not sure I was specific enough

13425663, Black folk leaving in large numbers
Posted by Musa, Tue Mar-02-21 04:10 PM

13425665, 1. Where? 2. Why? 3.History...
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 04:17 PM
I just learned there were actually efforts to prevent black people from leaving the south during the great migration.

from arresting people to not paying people suspected of wanting to leave to straight up violence.

they want us to leave / They don't want us to leave.

BTW, I don't disagree or agree with your point
13425693, I say to countries predominantly "Black" or African
Posted by Musa, Tue Mar-02-21 08:53 PM
or countries that are not overtly dominated by eurasians.

Why because this country has never meant to include stolen Africans for anything other than exploitation and have shown they will go out of their way even if they cut their nose off to spite their face to undermine the development and stability of so called Black People.

The US has always sought to control the "Black" population and sadly our people out of self hate and phony inclusion have bought into the undermining their own population in several ways.

13425664, my response would get me put on a list
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Mar-02-21 04:16 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13425666, 👁👉🏽👈🏼 👁
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 04:20 PM
13425669, Miscegenation. Whiteness by its definition is white supremacy.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-02-21 04:46 PM
"whiteness to exclude definition by perceived superiority to Black and blackness."

The whole purpose of defining whiteness (and originally blackness) is to define superiority.

The only thing whiteness shares is "not blackness". That's why white pride is inherently racist.

Blackness (like Italian-ness, Irish-ness, Korean-ness, Nigerian-ness)
on the other hand, can be defined in ways other than its relationship to whiteness.

Just a specific point I wanted to make.

Other than that, I think the answer is power, and power comes from money, military or demographics.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13425687, I would like to try segregation again, without segregating resources.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Mar-02-21 07:52 PM
13425690, how could that even be sold?
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 08:27 PM
without there being backlash or a cascading effect?
13425726, There is not a single explicitly black policy that wont have backlash
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Mar-03-21 09:37 AM
13425698, Reparations and massive/enforceable policy changes
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Tue Mar-02-21 10:18 PM
would be a great start. People can choose to repatriate with their funds or remain here.
13425711, what kind of reparations?
Posted by double negative, Wed Mar-03-21 06:56 AM
straight up cash monies? tax plan? education? home buying?

if it's cash then...I can't even imagine a sum that would make sense, like 30mil per person
13425709, we need to make sure whatever they setup on Mars ain't US ver2
Posted by nonaime, Wed Mar-03-21 05:29 AM
All we can do here is make sure that it doesn't get worse (meanwhile, the VRA is under attack again in the courts). Starting fresh *is* the only way to go. We fucked up when we didn't use our collective buying power to create a home in one of the African countries...but it feels like the ship may have sailed (read:China).

It sounds far fetched, but first comes the explorers, then the colonizers. With Mars, we're at step one. Sure there are some environmental problems to overcome, but to think those problems will take more than one or two generations to figure out seems unreasonable to me.

So for me, the question is how much money can I set aside in a trust fund so that when phase two pops off, the my clan ain't stuck here, even if we can only send one.

My other question would be what are we doing collectively to ensure that we are part of these discussions about how any colonies are set up. This is something we should be figuring out now.
13425712, beltalowda innit kopeng?
Posted by double negative, Wed Mar-03-21 07:06 AM