Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is what I mean by saying this is for the future
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425479&mesg_id=13425503
13425503, this is what I mean by saying this is for the future
Posted by double negative, Mon Mar-01-21 10:58 AM
and, maybe this is also getting into a philosophical realm about ownership, the usefulness of things, when does a thing become an object or an idea, what is an object, etc.

it's kind of like asking, "what is a company?" is the company the building, the people, the things the company produces?

I think the top shot thing is ahead of itself, and a proof of concept unleashed on the general public when really there is no infrastructure to support the assets. what I mean is...in a way I see this as verified/certified digital art, but it's art with no display venue. There is no standard digital art and memorabilia display platform. no place where ONLY this thing can live to give it importance.

going back to the question of why buy this if you can see the clip for yourself on the internet makes me also think about the idea that you can buy a print of just about any famous art work but we don't question it.