Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBottled Water is the most purchased beverage in America.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425376
13425376, Bottled Water is the most purchased beverage in America.
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-26-21 03:39 PM
How long before everyone is buying mini oxygen cylinders?

I know that is a drastic observation, but that is the only human needed
resource that has yet to be commercialized.....and with forests and jungles
being destroyed, whose to say it will not lead to that?

We actually buy bottled water. And I know damn well a lot of bottled water
out there is actually tap water being sold.
13425377, Mos already warned us
Posted by FLUIDJ, Fri Feb-26-21 03:50 PM
13425585, 22 yrs ago-
Posted by kinetic94761180, Mon Mar-01-21 08:44 PM

wow.
13425387, not a drastic observation at all. part of a deliberate plan.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Feb-26-21 04:43 PM
republicans wanna privatize everything. literally everything. there isnt a resource, service, or good that they dont wanna strip out and sell off to the highest bidder. actually not even the highest bidder...whatever donor theyre most closely in bed with.

add in their agenda to deregulate and pollute and they are killing 2 birds with one stone here. make the public water supply poisonous...increase distrust in that water supply (like voting, govt, etc)...then capitalize off the chaos.

google around for the ceo of nestle and his comments on the right to clean water.

then google around for information on the transnational corporate effort to plunder and privatize the public water systems in latin america.

then google around for information on the activity of some of those entities in this country.

it should all make sense.
13425395, I read that Texas’ winter freeze was strategically
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-26-21 06:00 PM
planned through cloud seeding, which generates money for energy cooperations.
13425388, Bill Burr on water: https://youtu.be/w_pb6r8VNWk
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Fri Feb-26-21 04:48 PM
https://youtu.be/w_pb6r8VNWk

13425390, What’s the alternative?
Posted by MEAT, Fri Feb-26-21 04:52 PM
On one hand water should be a public good. On the other, it’s not and america doesn’t invest in its infrastructure.
I can’t tell you the number of government buildings I’ve been in that say run the water at the tap for a minute before drinking due to the pipes being old
13425392, How much of it is due to lack of drinkable water available
Posted by sectachrome86, Fri Feb-26-21 05:53 PM
(totally understandable) vs people just being lazy or picky about the taste of their tap water? I think a lot of people just like the convenience and stock their fridge with bottled water, 2 ft away from their tap. It's a lot of needless plastic waste.
13425397, The amount of plastic waste is INSANE. Where’s Britta at
Posted by Bambino Grande, Fri Feb-26-21 06:24 PM

I lived in LA for a while and every two days my roomies threw out like 40 bottles of water lol, that shit hurt to watch. They kept buying smaller bottles in bulk cos they wanted the fridge to look «good like on MTV Cribs» smfh
13425602, the value is not better water, the value is convenience
Posted by double negative, Tue Mar-02-21 09:53 AM
all the other stuff, "fresh from the mountain, quadruple filtered through reverse osmosis filters then alkalized" - thats just extra shit.

But, then, let's also not act brand new, reusable bottles have been around for a long time now, you could always buy one

Also - hold up, WHO IS BUYING BOTTLED WATER? What I mean is, is that fact and figure referencing individual people or companies?

without being specific, it's making a blind assumption, kind of like saying, "kale was always popular and consumed before it became trendy" - without including the detail that pizza hut was the largest consumer of Kale in the US for a while when it used kale as display garnish