Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbad exp w/ mgmt is why im taking my time finding a new job
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425248&mesg_id=13425522
13425522, bad exp w/ mgmt is why im taking my time finding a new job
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Mar-01-21 12:37 PM
one experience in particular
i missed our weekly staff meeting because we had a drop-in customer. the owner was the type of dude that thinks whatever he wants is always right. which...he's the owner. i get it. but you own the company not me. recognize that difference before we go outside. so he stepped to me real disrespectful, said i make terrible decisions and i do shit just to annoy him. and most of my coworkers would've let that go. but here i am your top sales rep for YEARS. i missed your meeting to make a sale. not just for shits and giggles although if i want to do that i will do that too. in the 7 years i worked there we probably had 7 actual productive meetings so i never felt bad about missing one.

edit: i recently found out that i was actually fired after that argument and his kids (mgmt) stepped in like "you can't fire him just because he disagreed with you and you dont like it" and dude through a old man temper tantrum and left work for the rest of the day.