Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYes,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425248&mesg_id=13425515
13425515, Yes,
Posted by MEAT, Mon Mar-01-21 12:01 PM
The literal PTSD:

The Postal Service didn't care about people at all.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6318335/MAGAbomber-sent-pipe-bombs-major-mailing-facility-Opa-Locka-Florida.html

The routing of these went through my building. We were in an executive meeting when the news of this broke. Usually we kept CNN on in the background of every meeting. 5 minutes into the meeting the VP gets a call from HQ, a few minutes later the news broke ... we scrambled on how to talk to employees, and the specific tasks that we needed to do to help them. But for us, we went right back to work. Nobody ever talked to us, or even bothered to mention it.

This happened after Luther died. We had a six person team in the Area. Luther was an older dude that was close to retirement age but messed around and had twins late in life wouldn't be able to for a while. One night he got hit by a drunk driver and went out on medical leave. Extended. A year later Luther dies ... I only found out because someone left a flyer from his funeral in the breakroom. He had been dead for 3 weeks. No note from the Area, no acknowledgement, nothing.

And all of that happened after my wife nearly died from HELLP syndrome through preeclampsia. We were in the hospital for four days trying to keep her and the baby alive. Every day my job called me on my personal line, about some report out, that I had already delegated out and let them know the situation.

A full year of being shown by my job that life, my life, any life ... is irrelevant. I'm now EXTREMELY protective in the micro and macro of the safety and health of myself and family before any job. If I start to lose sleep because of working late, I cut back. You want me to travel for extended periods of time, no sir. If I'm sick I'll take a sick day. If I need to take care of my sick kids, I will.