Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHad a REALLY bad experience w/ management and HR.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425248&mesg_id=13425265
13425265, Had a REALLY bad experience w/ management and HR.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Feb-25-21 04:15 PM
Long and short: I had a new manager come into a job where I had been for 5 years, decided they hated me because...well, I honestly think they had A LOT of personal shit going in their life and they brought that stress and insecurity into the office...anyways, manager was obviously trying to get me fired which is bad enough, but i found out that HR was basically helping her (which really blew me away because my job has ZERO effect on how HR does theirs or really how well the company performed) but what really broke my heart was the Director who was the boss of this manager (and also, my boss though not direct) was someone I considered a friend but he had no backbone so he basically let all this shit go down while telling me different because, i think, he just didn't wanna rock the boat cuz he wasn't doing great in his own position at the time and didn't want eyes on him more than they were.

and yes, I eventually got fired through these intentional actions.

Now I trust NO ONE at a job, which is probably smart, but I never had that feeling and while in the grand scheme of the world it's miniscule, for me it was like an "innocence lost" kind of situation.