Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: hm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425217&mesg_id=13425842
13425842, RE: hm
Posted by jd215, Thu Mar-04-21 07:28 AM
A very good question. The reason, which I should have explained more clearly, would be to help understand and fight against fascism. It's on the rise here, too, like in so many places. (I'm an American who's lived in Barcelona for many years.)

There is so much in common between the extreme right in the US and in Europe/Spain. It could be useful to compare the situations and learn from them, using the Catalan cause as a concrete example of fighting fascism in Europe (a lot of people outside of the Spanish State hear "Spain" and think of sun, sangria, etc -or maybe the Prado Museum and historical monuments- and don't realize that there is still a huge ideological holdover from the 40-year bloody dictatorship that existed here.)

You're right, and you've helped me think about how to better frame my ideas. Thank you! This should be a project based on comparing what methods Black people have in the US have used and are using to fight white supremacism/fascism, and what methods people here have used and are using to fight Castilian supremacism/fascism. How do pro-democracy, pro-minority groups organize? What works, what doesn't, what forces do they come up against, and how do those forces respond?

Moltes grĂ cies i bona tarda!