Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHappy birthday and okversary Damali :) Just want to show love.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425217&mesg_id=13425452
13425452, Happy birthday and okversary Damali :) Just want to show love.
Posted by kfine, Sun Feb-28-21 10:33 AM

I appreciate the women who still post here (and that there's still a few of us here at all lol).

But I especially love when posters like you, afrogirl_lost, akon, soulpsychodelicyde, CherNic, and whoever else I'm forgetting drop in a post seemingly out of nowhere and drop etherous (and usually feminist) truthbombs of stunning concision. Most of you have been posting here longer than me and perhaps that influences the extent to which you don't gaf (which I love lol). But ya, when old controversial posts are upped for whatever reason, I find your truthbombs age super well even tho the language may have rubbed some the wrong way at the time.

Anyway, I'd enjoy reading anything you have to say on the topics listed, but I suppose I'm most interested in your insider knowledge of the non-profit industrial complex lol. What are top signs you would look for to determine whether an org is on the typical bs?? Board diversity? Funding sources? Lack of scandals/headlines?

Additionally, re: parenting, you've talked about how your boys are grown now and totally flourishing, which has got to be such an incredible feeling. If you had become a parent later in life, like in your 40s or late 30s as many people are nowadays, which parenting aspects would stand out to you as likely being much more difficult for older first-time parents vs. younger first-time parents? And which would stand out as likely being a bit easier? Basically: knowing what you know now, how might first-time-parent-at-younger-age Damali advise ofirst-time-parent-at-older-age Damali?

Re: grad school, do you have plans/interest to pursue more, like a Ph.D or anything?

And lastly, you've posted recently about getting more involved in politics, pursuing training, etc. May I ask what level(s) of politics most interest you (eg. local, state, federal, all of the above), and whether you're drawn to more behind-the-scenes work or being a candidate yourself? And btw I think your pursuit is awesome and hope you're able to share some aspects of what you learn along the way.