Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectReally depends what you're looking for
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13425191&mesg_id=13425194
13425194, Really depends what you're looking for
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Feb-24-21 09:22 PM
Most people go to one island and stay there. I've never done the island hop myself. If you really want to chill and sit on a beach, I recommend picking an island and chilling there.

Oahu is for if you want access to a big city. I've never been there, but most say Honolulu is like a smaller, far less smoggy version of LA.

Maui is generally regarded as the "couples" island. Common destination of where people go on the honeymoons. But it is a good place to find a beach and chill.

The big island is the hottest (in terms of temperature) of them all. Also the location of the volcano. Not nearly as much natural greenery, but people who like to golf go there.

Kauai is the least "developed" of the major islands. Particularly the north side, which is much less developed. People who want to get away from the more touristy stuff go there. It's pretty nice, and can be on the "rougher" side, if you're looking for that.

I've only been to Moloka'i once. It's a day trip destination, usually by ferry. I honestly don't know if it's even possible to stay there. I do know, traditionally, it's supposed to be the island where the natives openly hostile to people from the mainland.

That's what I got. I recommend other Kauai or Maui.