Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe Onyx Family
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13424787
13424787, The Onyx Family
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-22-21 09:48 AM
so my kid started watching Ryan’s World. Fam is annoying but the content is educational for the most part.

my daughter found The Onyx Family and we were hype because it was a Black family.. but the content is bad. Really bad. So bad they aren’t allowed to watch it.

For some reason all this family does is zombie, scary content with kids running around the house screaming. Maybe they have more content but from what we watched its a no right now. Not knocking their hustle but we can’t vibe with it just yet.
13424789, How old is she?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Feb-22-21 10:25 AM
It's been "interesting" finding age appropriate shows for the kids this past year.
Mainly because they can go through an entire season in a weeks time and we're constantly trying to find new shows and supply is really running out.
13424792, 5 going on 10.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-22-21 10:53 AM
13424793, The PBS Kids app has some pretty good content. Full shows/seasons.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Feb-22-21 10:56 AM
Educational and entertaining mostly

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13424797, PBS was our first stop. Love the app
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-22-21 11:16 AM
They have more than enough educational content.

I was just wondering if there were any Black families like Ryan’s World.

13424796, have you checked out tubi kids?
Posted by Reeq, Mon Feb-22-21 11:13 AM
https://tubitv.com/home (click on tubi kids at the top menu)

tons of movies and shows free.

tubi in general is pretty cool. not groundbreaking or anything but you can catch some stuff you might have missed and its really hard to complain about free lol.
13424802, btw - are you using youtube or the youtube kids app?
Posted by double negative, Mon Feb-22-21 11:59 AM
the kids app is pretty fucking goddamned amazing. i think, "godamn ya'll are piece of shit, but this app is on point"

its dope because its all of the good content and none of the fears that your kids will become nazis because they got sucked into the pipeline while you stepped out of the room for a minute.

Daniel Tiger>Tigers at the Zoo>Lion King Trailer>Lion King Reaction>Joe Rogan> Blood and soil
13424849, its the fire tablet so I would think its the kids version of youtube
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-22-21 03:20 PM
as annoying as Ryan is.. I will admit my kid is always waltzing in with some new info that’s usually science based or color theory.