Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWho are your heroes (excluding family)?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13424516&mesg_id=13424516
13424516, Who are your heroes (excluding family)?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-18-21 03:09 PM
So for my boys black affinity group at school they were asked to share who there heroes were. To help them figure out who there heroes are me and there momma talked about our heroes which started with our parents and family members.

When we asked who there heroes were they were.....The Rock and Kevin Hart.

My wife tried to gently suggest someone like Harriet Tubman and Barack Obama and they did add Obama, but the truth is, if you ask me who my heroes are outside of family members, they would be

Prince, Richard Pryor, Spike Lee, Muhammad Ali & Magic Johnson, all entertainers.

There are all sorts of people I admire like Toni Morrison, Paul Robinson, Malcolm X, MLK, James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston but not sure I would call them my heroes because they seem so distant, like black gods.

Anyway, there affinity group day came around and I was scared my boys would be the only ones with "lightweight" heroes but there were quite a few Kevin Harts & The Rocks.

Anyway, who would you call your heroes? I say exclude family because for a lot of people that would come too easily.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"