Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Things are really bad down here. San Antonio.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13424345&mesg_id=13424432
13424432, RE: Things are really bad down here. San Antonio.
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Feb-17-21 10:29 PM
>We’re good. We have power no water. My parents have water
>no power. My sister has no power no food. But water. Gas is
>running low. Internet ISPs are spotty at best. Work is still
>requesting a full workload. The roads just got uncrapped this
>afternoon but it’s going to freeze again tonight. Schools
>are closed. Daycares are closed. Highways are blocked off.
>Bridges are blocked off. It’s a complete failure. Cell
>service is bad. Only cell I have is WiFi.
>
>It’s a complete collapse. Grocery warehouses haven’t
>shipped in days. There’s no road treatment. The only
>messaging from government is blame. Lines around every fast
>food place. One fast station I saw had one working pump and a
>ten car line.
>
>I don’t know what it looks like outside of here. But it’s
>a total collapse.
>

Lots of Houston is similar to post-hurricane steez. Grocery stores packed and missing a lot of stuff. Gas stations are getting hit up hard.

As streets were much more drivable today, I’d expect the inventories will be mostly fine in a couple days.

The power and water shit is a total joke. 5 million folks at least in and out of power in the H. I’ve been lucky but hella friends and fam have not. Some folks have been out since Sunday night. Water has been a big thing too. Again, I have been very lucky.

Bucks are passing and not stopping all over. A bunch of wolfing and current day political shenanigans where no fucking body wants to say ‘this shit is on me and my folks and we have a good ass plan to make this be the last time this happens like this’. Most of these mfers need to jump in the ground with Rush if they aren’t going to ever make themselves useful for real. Or at least just drop the pretense of doing a job and just become a shock jock/troll.

>