Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthe gang stuff has been documented and written about repeatedly.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13424065&mesg_id=13448729
13448729, the gang stuff has been documented and written about repeatedly.
Posted by .Monkeynuts., Fri Nov-26-21 12:22 PM
theres nothing to not believe. its all been out there way before this movie.

richard wrote about it. serena wrote about it. local journalists wrote about it. national media wrote about it when they first started getting wind of the sisters. local compton politicians told the same story. and so on.

richard had some teeth knocked out during one of those fights with gang members. they eventually did start protecting the girls during practice (there were pics of this back in the day).

i was a big tennis player and fan and remember most of this vividly.

im not sure why you wouldnt believe they were getting harassed. i grew up playing tennis in a non-gang-affiliated rough part of a majority black city. and yes niggas would fuck with people at the park for no reason. thats what some niggas do. ive seen people get heckled, rocks thrown at em, get mushed, get jumped, get robbed, etc.

if you think none of that was taking place in 90s COMPTON…i dont know what to tell you. i mean…their sister was killed by a crip in the early 00s so that was clearly the environment.