Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA brokerage is a commercial entity.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13421760&mesg_id=13422303
13422303, A brokerage is a commercial entity.
Posted by stravinskian, Sat Jan-30-21 02:51 PM
They sell things to buyers. Sometimes commercial entities aren't able, or interested, in selling a product even if someone wants to buy it. You can go to another brokerage if you want. If you can't find anyone to sell you what you want to buy, you're SOL. Nobody's gonna sell me a gpu right now, or a ps5. Poor me.

That's not to say there isn't any possibility of wrongdoing here. The SEC exists to investigate and prosecute such things. The SEC knows enough about these regulations that they don't need twitter threads to 'explain' the conspiracies.

The SEC is investigating Robinhood and all the other free brokerages that cut off new positions in these stocks. Good. Maybe there was intentional market manipulation there.

I hope the SEC is ALSO investigating these creeps on reddit, and everyone who jumped on to the scheme to inflate the price of GameStop, because that was blatant, openly admitted market manipulation.

To anyone whose only complaint is "Big Tech {aka my FREE online brokerage service} isn't letting me hop onto a manufactured asset bubble, where I might double my money but I'm more likely to lose it, but that's okay because along the way I'd get the thrill of busting some people's pension funds." Then fuck them.